About Me

My photo
This blog is about our faithful footsteps and finding JOY in the journey God has laid before us!

Translate

Search This Blog

Google Friend Followers

Check Out My Store

Check Out My Store
OPENING SOON!

Getty Art Studio Is On FACEBOOK

Getty Art Studio on Facebook

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Registering!



So, when you are expecting a baby, whether by adoption or not, you just look forward to the day you get to do the nursery and the day you get to register! And when you have been waiting as long as Bryan and I have, you definitely look forward to it! It's not that we want to get all these gifts, it's more about that you finally reached a point where you realize that This Is Going To Happen!!! I would go by the baby aisle for years, just wishing and wondering when that special day will be and what kind of things I would want to get for my baby. Also, after many years of being a nanny, I felt like I knew exactly what things were good to have and what things weren't necessary. So, I have been "busting at the seams" to do this, and when some friends of mine offered to throw me a shower (almost right after we got our referral!), Bryan and I finally decided to do it last week! So, we made a plan to go up to Target one day during the week (yeah, we couldn't wait until the weekend). ;) Before we left I starting making a list of stuff we needed. Because Jack is older, we don't necessarily need a lot of that "baby" stuff you typically register for, but I was surprised how much stuff we still needed. So, with my list in hand, we were off to Target. We got there and with a big smile on our face, we said we were there to register! Of course, after a little while of being there, I thought I had to explain that we were adopting, so they didn't think we were making it up.  I definitely felt there were questions running through their heads since I was lacking a "baby-bump!" ;)  So, we signed up and with my list in hand, I handed Bryan his "gun" and we were off! Well, within 20 minutes we were already done! I was so disappointed!  I don't know if it was just our Target, but they didn't have ANYTHING! And then once I got home, I pulled up our registry and there were no pictures or prices of the things we put on it! Then I just decided that I was going to just delete it and put everything on a Amazon.com Baby Registry. I liked them better anyway, because I can put anything from any site (places like Etsy or even Walmart) on it and I'm not just stuck with whatever one store has to offer. Plus you can also look up an item and find which store has it cheapest and put it on there!  I know I sound like I'm advertising for them or something, but I'm not. I just really like them and I don't think a lot of people know about it! ;)  It took me a few days, but I think we finally have it done! You can see it here:  http://www.amazon.com/registry/baby/2U5BWJRLJC7KA. You can also see a little peek of my color theme for the nursery too! ;) Also, let me know if I'm forgetting something that is a must-have for an 18-month-old! :) Some things I left off on purpose because I think I will be able to buy it off of craigslist.  So anyway, registering wasn't the experience I imagined it being, but we are ultimately just glad we got to do it!  I can't believe the day has come that we are finally expecting Jack to be home VERY SOON!!!  I'm just so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment