About Me

My photo
This blog is about our faithful footsteps and finding JOY in the journey God has laid before us!

Translate

Search This Blog

Google Friend Followers

Check Out My Store

Check Out My Store
OPENING SOON!

Getty Art Studio Is On FACEBOOK

Getty Art Studio on Facebook

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Here We Go AGAIN!!!





Here We Go AGAIN!!!

Well, here we are again! Five years ago, Bryan and I officially began our adoption journey to Jack! As much as we tried to prepare ourselves, these years were not what we anticipated. Through our journey we experienced many disappointments and deep heartache along the way. BUT...in the end, God drew us close to Him, and we experienced a love we could not have imagined and sense of completeness with our sweet Jack! He could not have been more perfect for our family and we simply couldn't imagine life without him. Even with all those valleys, we would do it again and again for this little man! So, with much excitement, Bryan and I (and Jack) anticipate our next journey to child #2! We are adopting again, but this time, its a little different. Before when we decided to adopt, God made clear the path on which we go on...South Korea. This time, however, we aren't sure what God wants us to do. Our journey with Jack has opened our eyes to different possibilities this time. Before we didn't know what to expect, but now, after what we have gone through, we are definitely more open to other options.  We are looking at international and also domestic. We decided to go ahead and announce our decision to expand our family, so that we may ask for your prayers during this time for us. We know that God knows exactly who this child is and what way we will come to him/her.  We trust in God's leading, timing, and provision in this journey, because He did it for us before. We are so excited and hope that you will, once again, follow along in our journey, and see how God shows up!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your blog has been on my heart as my husband and I have begun the discussion of possibly adopting. We have been TTC for 2.5 years to no avail, so we are branching out trusting in God's provision and timing as well. As I looked through social media today, my heart broke a teeny bit as I saw two new pregnancy announcements ("baby girl #3!", "baby #4!"). Although happy occasions, this still hurts and brings up questions and doubt (which I still pray about daily). And then I go to check my blogs and see that y'all are adopting again, which is kind of like God nudging and saying, "I've got this. There's a plan for you." So basically, thank you for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Congratulations!!! Our family is also getting ready to adopt again - though we are also feeling led in a different direction. It took a lot of time and prayer for my husband and I to be sure...but we are now moving forward in the home study process. In the meantime, I'm so excited for you, and looking forward to reading about it!

    ReplyDelete