About Me

My photo
This blog is about our faithful footsteps and finding JOY in the journey God has laid before us!

Translate

Search This Blog

Google Friend Followers

Check Out My Store

Check Out My Store
OPENING SOON!

Getty Art Studio Is On FACEBOOK

Getty Art Studio on Facebook

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's Official! HE IS OURS!

 

Well, the day has come, and I can finally say, Jack is our son!!!! :) On November 30th, we went to court and made it official.  Seems like we have been waiting forever for this moment and once we were in the court room, it only took two minutes for it to happen.  The judge asked us to stand and then asked us a series of "yes" or "no" questions.  Questions like, "Do you wish to adopt this child? "Have the birth parents terminated their rights to this child?" and even asking, "Will you raise him to know right from wrong?" It wasn't until he asked, "Do you love him? Do you love him as if he were your own (biological) child?" that I lost it! The tears began to fall down my cheek as I reflected on the last six months and how hard it was to get to this point. There was a time when, we wondered if we were doing the right thing for Jack. He was so sad and hurt from leaving his foster family and country. When we came home, our high expectations of a happy family were crushed with sleepless nights of grieving and just being in survival mode. We struggled hard with bonding and went through a difficult testing phase. In those early months, I would pray every day, that God would allow us to fall deeply in love with each other, and that we would finally feel like a family. I was so happy to finally be able to stand there, six months later, and proudly answer, "yes!" to those questions. I was so happy that God allowed us to be there that day and not only officially become a family, but more importantly, feel like a family! I couldn't believe how much relief came over me, once we walked out of that court room. I didn't realize how much I needed this to be official! It's finally over! A little over six years ago, God placed a desire in our hearts to start our family, and our journey of becoming parents has finally come to an end. Even though it was hard and it isn't anything like I thought it would be, I can look back now and say it was the best way and I wouldn't change a thing! Jack is truly, perfectly made for us! He couldn't be more my son than if I had given birth to him. We are so blessed to call Jack our son and be able to love him and raise him as our own! He has filled our hearts and the hearts of our families with endless joy! Praise the Lord for His goodness!!

Family Day! November 30th, 2012!

 "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus, throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen." 
-Ephesians 3:20



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I know firsthand the joy adoption brings. Best wishes. What a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete