About Me

My photo
This blog is about our faithful footsteps and finding JOY in the journey God has laid before us!

Translate

Search This Blog

Google Friend Followers

Check Out My Store

Check Out My Store
OPENING SOON!

Getty Art Studio Is On FACEBOOK

Getty Art Studio on Facebook

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Speculation of Traveling



Well, we have been getting a lot of questions lately of when we are going to get our Jack.  Unfortunately, we don't have that information exactly, but there is speculation it could be soon! ;)
So, here is the deal. What we have been waiting on is confirmation that our EP (Exit Permit) has been submitted. Once we know that, we can assume that it will take 4 weeks for approval and then we can expect a travel call soon after that.  Unfortunately, SWS (our Korean agency) doesn't usually give out that information. We were hopeful they would anyway, but it's looks like they are not going to as of right now. We do know, however, we are on the top of the list for a travel call (along with my friend, Christy), so we should expect one of the earliest travel calls! 
So, here is where the speculation comes in. ;)  I am a part of a wonderful group on facebook of adoption friends. They are all adopting from Korea or have already adopted from Korea. It is an amazing resource and has help me maintain my sanity over the past year! Anyway, according to my adoption friends group, EPs for the second batch (the batch we are in) have already been submitted with the other Korean agencies. March 29th and April 6th,  were to two dates given I believe. Based on past experiences, SWS is usually a faster agency, so we "speculate" that we were definitely submitted within that time frame, if not before. ;) So, four weeks from March 29th is April 25th, and then another week for travel, would put us around the beginning of May for a travel call! That of course would be earliest scenario. Again, this is just speculation, but it's better than nothing. ;)
What I also understand is that once we start hearing the other agencies EP approvals (another great benefit of my adoption friends group), Bryan and I would be able to call the National Visa Center to see if Jack has had his Visa Interview scheduled. Once I get that information confirmed, I know a travel call is coming soon!
So if all of this is a little overwhelming to understand, just know that we believe that May is the month we will meet our son! Hopefully early May, but likely not late May! YAY!!!
So now I'm working on getting ready for this trip! Once our nursery was finished, I immediately relaxed and got excited for the first time about our journey to Korea. But now that I realized we might only have a few more weeks left,  I am a little overwhelmed still by what's left to do to prepare to meet Jack. I'm trying to get organized and plan out these next few weeks and make lots and lots of lists (and crossing items off too)! ;)  I have to buy gifts, paint a painting for foster mom, research hotels/flights, learn a little Korean phrases/sign language, figure out what to buy and see while in Korea, spring clean house top to bottom, make freezer meals, baby proof, go on one last date with hubby, and of course, pack, pack, and pack! Please keep us in your prayers for these things to get accomplished all while also trying to stay healthy physically and spiritually as we wait for that wonderful phone call!

No comments:

Post a Comment