About Me

My photo
This blog is about our faithful footsteps and finding JOY in the journey God has laid before us!

Translate

Search This Blog

Google Friend Followers

Check Out My Store

Check Out My Store
OPENING SOON!

Getty Art Studio Is On FACEBOOK

Getty Art Studio on Facebook

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thoughts of an Expectant Mother...


Okay, so, I can't help but think (if we continue to stay on track), our child could possibly be coming into the world any day now!!! Bryan doesn't like that I do this. :) Well, he doesn't mind that I do it, but he doesn't think it is necessary to think about things that we can't know for sure are going to happen. But, I just can't help it! Maybe it is the motherly instinct in me, but I just have this deep desire to know what is going on with our baby every moment of every day! I know that nothing is ever guaranteed, but I would rather spend my time thinking about what might be going on and having a slight chance that I'm right, then not think of it at all just because I might be wrong. So, since I can't really know exactly when our baby will be born, I can have an "idea" by figuring out where we are in the adoption process and compare us to a typical Korean adoption. That would put our baby being born this month or next month!!! But in all this excitement, I do have to remember another important person...the birth mother. This is not an exciting time for her. Although I don't know the circumstances involving our child's birth mother right now, I don't really have to, in order to feel a deep respect for her. She chose life for her child! And through this life, hope was fulfilled! Adoption truly is a miracle and so are the women who chose that option! Please join me as we not only give thanks to God for our soon to be born baby, but also to lift up the birth mother in these times. Pray that God brings to her a peace that surpasses understanding, and that He will bless her life with an abundance of happiness and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment